As an Art Director, you fill your waking life coming up with killer concepts and designs that meet strategy and deliver a meaningful experience for any audience. You are comfortable delivering your work to any medium. You work and play well with others. You’ve gained a bit of knowledge and like to share it with your teammates, but you recognize there is always more to learn and so you’re still seeking mentorship from senior staff. And most of all, you are passionate about visual communication, branding and advertising.
Our goal at Berlin is to create space for great people to do great work. To do so, we acknowledge and respect the humanity in ourselves and others; we are curious about the world around us and the culture we live in; we don’t do things by accident; and we always find a way to make things happen. The right candidate for us will embody these values as well as meet the requirements and skills of this role.
- Concept ideas and design for a variety of our clients
- Manage your own time effectively to balance project deadlines with your creative process
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team; participating in a peer review process
- Coordinate with third-party vendors to see your creative vision through to completion
- Present your work to project team members and clients
- Deliver tidy, organized files for physical and digital media
- Provide mentorship to junior team members
- 5+ years’ experience in design, interactive, and advertising
- a jaw-dropping creative portfolio
- the ability to articulate creative ideas and communicate professionally in person or in writing
- an aptitude for collaborative creative thinking with sharp attention to detail within a fast-paced setting
- an ability to manage multiple projects
- high proficiency with Mac OS and the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- an open mind and are curious about design and the world at large
- a passion for nurturing relationships, mentoring, and collaborating with others to discover creative solutions for clients’ strategic goals
Please include a link to your portfolio and let us know about any other skills that you have that relate to the work performed in a creative industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified people.
If you’re interested in applying, please e-mail a short cover note, resume, and link to your portfolio/work samples to our Creative Director Dennis Lenarduzzi at dlenarduzzi@BRLN.ca. The position will remain open until filled.
Please don’t wait to send in your application; we will be reviewing them and conducting interviews on an ongoing basis. We’re grateful for everyone’s interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thanks for your interest – we can’t wait to meet the next Berliners.