Berlin is an award-winning Edmonton-based advertising agency in the business of positioning our clients to win on issues of public interest. Our goal is to create space for great people to do great work and build a fulfilling career.
We have four core values that we bring to our work and all our projects:
- Humanity – We acknowledge and respect the humanity in ourselves and others.
- Curiosity – We are curious about the world around us and the culture we live in.
- Intent – We don’t do things by accident.
- Grit – We find a way to make it happen.
We’ve built this position to offer the flexibility that we sometimes need to manage the little things in life. We are looking for an administrative assistant working Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm in our office downtown on 104 street. We are, however, open to build the hours of the workday that works best for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be expected support the partners and account team with the day-to-day administrative needs of the business through the application of strong attention to detail, organization, and communications skills. In this posting, we’ve outlined the skills and qualifications that we find best prepare people for this kind of role. Most of all, though, we want someone who has sound judgement, is a strong communicator, someone with a commitment to quality and exceeding expectations. If you lack any of the specific qualifications we list in the posting, but think that you have the right qualities, please feel free to make a case for yourself. Some of our strongest people have come from a variety of backgrounds – but they embody our values, communicate well and are fully committed to the growth of our business.
Purpose of the role:
- Supporting partners and account team with administrative duties
- Providing the space for the entire organization to do its best work
- Ensuring clients have a positive experience working with Berlin
- Assist with organizing meetings and/or special events, including arranging boardrooms for client meetings and preparing meeting materials
- Provide support in editing a variety of Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
- Coordinate closely with partners to manage HR software and programs
- Perform various bookkeeping duties including invoice management and monthly client billing
- General file management and file organization
- Setting up client project files for account teams
- Provide administrative support for client and internal projects
- Run work-related errands as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in office administration is considered an asset
- 2-3 years of experience in an equivalent role for a fast-paced organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High-level of attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Google Suite
- Experience using Quickbooks is an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Wherever we’re able, we want to add people to the team that will bring a new perspective – diversity in lived experience brings so much value to a team like ours, and we’re always looking to find new ways to do that. Salary for this is based on education and experience and will range between $36,000-$40,000 per year. In addition, benefits include:
- two weeks of vacation
- five days of personal flex time
- an extended Christmas break
- health benefits plan
Please don’t wait to send in your application; we will be reviewing them and conducting interviews on an ongoing basis. We’re grateful for everyone’s interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you’re interested in applying, please e-mail a cover letter, resume and resume to Willie Lee at wlee@BRLN.ca.
Thanks for your interest – we can’t wait to meet the next Berliner.