The Edmonton Literacy Coalition wanted to see more government support for adult literacy programming, and were looking for a way to make the need relevant. In our research we uncovered a shocking statistic: 40% of adult Albertans don’t read at a “working” level.
We developed an ad campaign that aimed at showing the other 60% (the adult Albertans who read well) what daily life is like for the other 40%. Our campaign integrated targeted public relations, a media event and public-facing advertising. Collectively, the work was designed to create constituency for the issue and bring it closer to the top of the list for policy-makers.
Our campaign ran in different print mediums in the Edmonton market, and won us two ACE Awards from the Advertising Club of Edmonton, as well as recognition on international advertising resource - Ads Of The World.
More importantly though, once the campaign was in market our client was invited to meet with the Mayor of Edmonton to talk about how to move the needle on this issue at the municipal and provincial levels of government.
Multiple ACE and IABC awards, 2013